Do Your Crane Operators Know the Correct
Answers to these 12 Questions?
At the end of the Crane Training Canada crane training program, your crane operators will be able to answer these 12 important questions:
- How big is the primary danger zone?
- What does one cubic foot of steel weigh and how can one determine the correct loading for an overhead crane?
- What is the defined purpose of the hoist hook safety latch?
- What is the accepted grade of a sling chain?
- What is the minimum safe sling leg angle to use as a standard practice?
- How does the angle affect the capacity of a sling?
- What is resultant sling angle and why is it a killer?
- How does an operator gain control of a swinging load?
- What is the difference between a cable and a wire rope?
- Are homemade lifting devices legal and what information is required on all below the hook devices?
- What factor is used to de-rate the capacity of an eyebolt, when the eyebolt is being used horizontally?
- What OHSA-required safety precautions must be taken before working on a crane
If the crane operators in your company cannot answer these questions, perhaps it is time for a review of procedures.