About the Instructor: Joe Harnest
Joe Harnest has been president of Crane Training Canada since 1995 and has International experience with overhead cranes, hoists and material handling equipment since 1975.
- Is a certified trainer for preventive maintenance, rigging of loads, inspections and operator safety courses
- Has the ability to communicate in English, French and German.
- Has diverse expertise as a solution provider with a variety of unique material handling concepts, specializing in automotive and related industries.
- Is a recognized authority in application and specification of material handling equipment.
- Is an accomplished industrial columnist for Plant Engineering and Maintenance Magazine, Steel Marketplace, and Plant Safety & Maintenance Magazine. As well as a figurehead for many research columnists.
- Former director Canadian Manufacturers Association: Drives Division.
- Was responsible for overhead crane & hoist applications & specifications when employed at Mannesmann Demag.
- Regional Manager responsible for sales of material handling products through distributors.
- Divisional Manager, material handling components and drives, responsible for Canadian operations.
- Experienced in inspections and evaluation of overhead cranes & hoist
The following video interview was recorded in early 2012 with Joe Harnest.